Re: RDF* vs RDF vs named graphs

That's valid and I also see the merit of having it as part of RDF* rather
than N3 (then should be well aligned and the nquads/trig syntaxes would be
rooted).
But AFAIK nobody actually officially dismissed including graph annotation,
so why not gather the stakeholders from enterprise, make a joint request
for scope expansion, and have a structured discussion there? Evidently, a
broader scope should come with the necessary engagement to manage the
debate, follow-up on issues, and draft the specs. Let's approach this
positively, this group is an opportunity :)