Re: RDF* semantics

Kingsley,

On fredag 30 augusti 2019 kl. 12:13:27 CEST Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 8/30/19 11:36 AM, Olaf Hartig wrote:
> > [...]
> > Note that the last five lines part of your document (the part that uses
> > RDF
> > reification) can be written more concisely in Turtle* as follows (assuming
> > RDF* is used in SA mode):
> >
> > Alice:  :describes << Bob: foaf:age "23"^^xsd:integer >> .
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Olaf
>
> You are saying that in RDF* you would like the following snippet to
> become RDF-Turtle notation, which isn't the case today:
>
> Alice:  :describes << Bob: foaf:age "23"^^xsd:integer >> .

There already exists a serialization format called Turtle* that is a syntactic
extension of RDF-Turtle and in this format you can write such snippets. For
the definition of this format see Section 3.3 in the document at:
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.3399

> Here's a fixed version of my example. I've rebased identifiers for Alice
> and Bob using an indexical
> <https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/indexical#this> relative to
> document (context provider)  (as per my very first example).
>
> ## Turtle Start ##
>
> @prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
> @prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
> @prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
> @prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
> @prefix : <#> .
>
> <> a foaf:Document .
> <> foaf:name "Document about Alice"@en .
> <> foaf:primaryTopic :Alice .
>
> :Alice  rdf:type  foaf:Person .
> :Alice  foaf:name  "Alice" .
> :
> :Bob  rdf:type  foaf:Person .
> :Bob  foaf:name  "Bob" .
> :Bob  foaf:age "23"^^xsd:integer .
>
> # Context clarity regarding :claims relation
>
> :claims a rdf:Property .
> :claims rdfs:domain foaf:Person .
> :claims rdfs:range rdf:Statement .
>
> # Olaf would like the following to as syntax-sugar (*rather than change to
> existing RDF semantics*): # :Alice :claims << :Bob foaf:age
> "23"^^xsd:integer >> .
> # for what follows
>
> :Alice  :claims  [ a rdf:Statement;
>
>                      rdf:subject :Bob ;
>                      rdf:predicate foaf:age ;
>                      rdf:object "23"^^xsd:integer
>                   ] .
>
> ## Turtle End ##

Yes.

Now, notice that the :claims property you are using here is different from the
:claims property as used in your earlier examples. That is, your earlier
examples used the :claims property as if it was defined as follows:

:claims a rdf:Property .
:claims rdfs:domain foaf:Person .
:claims rdfs:range foaf:Person .

-Olaf