Re: Two profiles: technical definition

> On 2 May 2024, at 16:55, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That still doesn't make sense.  Bijective implies onto.   If all you want is one-to-one then that is injective or functional.

OK, you are right, it is a one-to-one function (namely injective), and not bijective. I confused one-to-ne with bijective. I have fixed that.

> Yes, any IRI can denote the integer 2, but having :Liz :spouse :Dick denote then integer 2 seems weird.

I don’t see why it is weirder than :Liz and <<(:Liz :spouse :Dick)>> denoting the same thing (which is possible), not necessarily the integer 2.
RDF is plenty of spurious models like those; what matters is that they appear systematically for any graph, therefore they become irrelevant.

—e.