Re: behaviour of ASK-based validators

Let me make this a simple as possible.

Suppose a SPARQL ASK query returns false for focus node ex:f and two value
nodes ex:v1 and ex:v2.  Two solution mappings are created, one looking like
{ (this,ex:f), (value,ex:v1) } and the other looking like
{ (this,ex:f), (value,ex:v2) }.

The union of these two solutions is
{ (this,ex:f), (value,ex:v1), (value,ex:v2) }.
This is not a solution sequence, which is defined as a list of solution
mappings, possibly unordered.  It is not even a solution mapping.

The unordered list of these two solutions has two elements, namely the two
solution mappings, and is a solution sequence.

The difference is indeed very significant.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications