Re: Last Call for additional SHACL Tests

On 04/19/2017 12:35 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> On 04/19/2017 01:54 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>> On 04/19/2017 07:16 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>>> The WG is eager to receive people's SHACL test cases, both single-feature unit
>>> tests, and more complex edge cases and real-world examples.  If you have any
>>> of these, please send them along.    See
>>> http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/data-shapes-test-suite/ for details.
>>>
>>> Given the short timeline, the group is going to need to stop accepting
>>> submissions for this round soon.  If you can, please send in your test cases
>>> by *Tuesday, 25 April*.   If this deadline is too soon, please let us know
>>> about your plans, and we'll try to work something out.   Test cases submitted
>>> later will still be helpful to implementors, but will not be used as part of
>>> W3C's Recommendation Track process.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>>        -- Sandro  (on behalf of RDF Data Shapes WG)
>>
>> The test cases process in that document still has problems, making it
>> difficult to submit good test cases.  Cutting off test cases before the test
>> case process is adequate is not good.
>
> Sorry if I missed something there, would you mind opening a quick issue at
> https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/issues (hopefully mentioning tests in issue
> title)?

There are already two email threads in this mailing list on problems with the
testing methodology, starting at
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-shapes/2017Mar/0024.html and
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-shapes/2017Mar/0033.html.  The
second one has not received any substantive response from the working group at
all.

Is https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/issues the place for SHACL issues?  It
is not mentioned as such in  https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/CR-shacl-20170411/

> Do you think it's too much to ask people who think they might submit tests to
> at least identify themselves by next Tuesday?  We need some way to get this
> process to converge.

Why the sudden need to quickly converge?  The test suite is currently very
small, if there is a need for a better test suite right now then the working
group as a whole should be producing tests.

It is also strange to issue a "Last Call" for tests without any previous calls
for tests.

>     -- Sandro

peter