Re: Two dialects: ShEx with a SPARQL/SPIN-friendly subset?

Hi David,

the two dialects that the WG is currently discussing are

a) SHACL Core (or Lite) - a high-level vocabulary for common things like
cardinality and value types (similar to Resource Shapes or ShEx)

b) SHACL (Full) - the Core vocabulary plus the ability to fall back to
complex queries and macros (likely based on SPARQL)

The spec draft at [1] calls these Core and Advanced features, and is
structured to allow readers who are not interested in SPARQL to stop
after the Core bits.

Is this what you suggest? I am puzzled by your statement that ShEx is
more expressive than SPARQL - what do you mean by that?

Thanks
Holger

[1] https://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/