Re: ShEx relation to SPIN/OWL

Peter,

If you intend a vocabulary or ontology to be reused in other applications,
then you should define only the bare minimum of constraints (or inference
rules) in it. Then the other applications have to define how they are
using your terms.

We used a couple of mechanisms for associating constraints at OSLC.
1) a REST API service description may link to a shape. The service defines
the API contract for how resources are created, modified, and retrieved
2) a resource may link to a shape

This is described at [1]

[1]
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2014/SUBM-shapes-20140211/#associating-and-applying-shapes

Regards,
Arthur Ryman, PhD

Chief Data Officer, Rational
Chief Architect, Portfolio & Strategy Management
Distinguished Engineer | Master Inventor | Academy of Technology

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)