Re: comparing to OWL and SPIN

On 7/22/2014 7:14, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I think the main counter argument I've heard is that it's easy to
> write SPARQL queries which constrain a graph in ways which are much
> harder to understand than ShExC.

With SPIN there would be
- a library of standard constraint templates that has semantics that can
be hard-coded into selected tools
- an escape mechanism to fall back to SPARQL if the templates are not
expressive enough.

We are talking about two *profiles* of SPIN here - the one that only
consists of pre-defined templates would be equivalent to ShEx in that it
doesn't even require an understanding of SPARQL and can be represented
in a syntax that is friendly to human users.

Holger