RDF validation must compile down to SPARQL

From: Jerven Tjalling Bolleman <jerven.bolleman@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:36:42 +0200
To: public-rdf-shapes@w3.org
Dear All,

I strongly believe that RDF validation must compile down to SPARQL.
I think Stardog-ICV compiles down to SPARQL (expanded with OWL-DL
Reasoning on the ontologies)
SPIN obviously does. ShEx currently does not.

If you want uptake of this standard then you need to have native SPARQL
support. For better or worse SPARQL stores are the data access model for
RDF. Considering the decade of effort that people have put into making
SPARQL fast and scalable, you can not seriously consider not taking
advantage of this.

Therefore I think the charter should include as a goal a SPARQL driven
execution model.

Sincere regards,
Jerven