Shapes - sub-classes / sub-properties

From: Dimitris Kontokostas <kontokostas@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:38:51 +0300
To: "public-rdf-sha." <public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>
Hi all,

I noticed that at the moment you do not handle sub-classes & sub-properties.
In a previous thread you mentioned that ShEx want to stand somewhere like
one step above syntactic validation so is this something out of the ShEx
scope?

This can be easily achieved with SPARQL1.1 and property paths - when the
shape is evaluated in SPARQL (to be clear).
However, it needs the schema to get the relations.
Ideally this could be enabled by default in ShEx and a special directive
could point to the schema(s)
Or a special notation could mark if we want to match strictly <Issue> or
any subclass
such as: <CodingIssue> a owl:Class; rdfs:subClassOf <Issue> .

Any thoughts, comments on this?

Best,
Dimtiris

--