Re: using Shape Expressions to validate RDF graphs

On 07/11/2014 02:21 PM, Solbrig, Harold R. wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I¹m puzzled ‹ why is this a pity? I¹d been under the impression that RDF,
> OWL, etc. already had the interpretation area pretty well covered.

RDFS and OWL have the inferential side covered.  They don't do constraints,
although as I said, you can use their machinery to do constraints.

>>> How can this be done with shape expressions?
>
> <SpouseShape> { ex:Spouse @<PersonShape> }
> <PersonShape> { rdf:type foaf:Person }
>

> (not sure I¹ve got the grammar 100% right ‹ I¹m waiting for Eric to tell
> me what I did wrongŠ)

I don't see how this tells me whether all people have their spouses be people.
  Instead, it tells me which nodes have spouses that are people.

>>> How can (aligning this with an RDF or OWL assertion that the domain of
>>> ex:Spouse is foaf:Person) be done?
> Don¹t know.
>
> On 7/11/14, 3:31 PM, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 07/11/2014 01:07 PM, Solbrig, Harold R. wrote:
>>> Another way to look at this is that the domain of shape expressions is
>>> RDF
>>> Graph.  Shape expressions have (almost) nothing to do with people,
>>> spouses,