using Shape Expressions to validate RDF graphs

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:35:49 -0700
To: "public-rdf-shapes@w3.org" <public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>
I've been looking through the Shape Expressions submission.  I'm having a hard
time figuring out how it can be used to validate RDF graphs.

The kind of validation I'm thinking of is constraining the elements of various
RDF types, perhaps requiring something like

- the spouse of every person is a person
- the university of every graduate student is a research university

How would I do this kind of validation?

peter