Re: prospective charter for a shapes validation WG

I think RDF Data Shapes are not meant to publishers alone. The idea is that
they can be used as a description and sometimes a contract about the
contents of a data portal.

The producers can say that the data they are publishing complies to one
shape and the consumers can check before consuming it if the data complies
to that shape or not.

RDF Data Shapes don't promote a one-to-one model, it is more a
contract-based model where the shapes act as some kind of agreement between
publishers and consumers.

But the shapes don't even need to be the same for the producer and
consumer. In some scenarios, the producers can use one shape with some
constraints and the consumers can use that shape or a different one with
other constraints. As long as their shapes are compatible, consumers can
handle RDF data published with different shapes.

In my opinion, RDF Data Shapes can help data portal integration and
documentation in a similar way to Schema languages for XML while
maintaining the advantages of the RDF data model.

Best regards, Jose Labra

--
Saludos, Labra