Re: Writing Namespaces in RDF.rb

On Jun 8, 2010, at 5:47 AM, Ben Lavender <blavender@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is actually a problem with rdf-raptor, not rdf-rdfxml.  I imagine
> Mark is using require 'linkeddata'.

Be aware that namespaces are NOT a part of the RDF data model. As for
any serialization that has some sort of notion of namespaces,
production any particular namespaces use you desire to use must be
conveyed to the serializer out of band of the RDF data.

Raptor has APIs to communicat this yo the serializer but the rdf-
raptor gem makes no use of it at present.

It should be reasonable to set namespaces in raptor based on the
vocabularies registered with RDF.rb, but do keep in mind that any XML
application that depends on a particular namespaces prefix is
fundamentally broken.

(Personally, I think RDF/XML is a disaster for the teaching and
understanding of RDF, but that is a different topic entirely.)

-john