Re: Updated RDFa Syntax 1.1 draft uploaded

Thanks.

Looking at from an RDFa parser/distiller point of view (which is what I
do) I guess the UA part is the relevant one for me. And that says that
xml:lang has priority which is fine (and if I am a good guy then I can
issue a warning if the two values are not equal).

Thanks!

I.

On 2010-1-15 07:16 , Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Ivan Herman wrote:
>> On 2010-1-14 21:27 , Ian Hickson wrote:
>>>
>>> This changed recently on advice from i18n; now they must be treated as
>>> if they had a valid code that just isn't recognised. (And HTML5 says
>>> that they MUST have the same value, and also gives the rules that
>>> apply to the
>>
>> which makes sense of course, but what should an agent do if both are
>> there with different values? Is it then supposed to ignore both?
>
> This is a somewhat non-trivial question, due to the complexity of XML and
> HTML parsing and the side-effects these have on the corresponding DOMs, so
> instead of risking missummarising the requirements, let me just give you a
> link to the relevant part of the spec:
>
>    http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/elements.html#the-lang-and-xml:lang-attributes
>
> Let me know if that is unclear. (Note in particular that the first few
> paragraphs are the authoring conformance criteria, and that the UA
> conformacne criteria, including error handling for the case where the
> attributes have different values, are given after the first note. If you
> have the UA requirements highlighted -- the radio buttons at the top right
> of the spec to toggle this -- then the UA requirements are shaded red.)
>
> HTH,

mobile: +31-641044153
FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf