Re: Updated RDFa Syntax 1.1 draft uploaded

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Ivan Herman wrote:
> On 2010-1-14 21:27 , Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > This changed recently on advice from i18n; now they must be treated as
> > if they had a valid code that just isn't recognised. (And HTML5 says
> > that they MUST have the same value, and also gives the rules that
> > apply to the
>
> which makes sense of course, but what should an agent do if both are
> there with different values? Is it then supposed to ignore both?

This is a somewhat non-trivial question, due to the complexity of XML and
HTML parsing and the side-effects these have on the corresponding DOMs, so
instead of risking missummarising the requirements, let me just give you a
link to the relevant part of the spec:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/elements.html#the-lang-and-xml:lang-attributes

Let me know if that is unclear. (Note in particular that the first few
paragraphs are the authoring conformance criteria, and that the UA
conformacne criteria, including error handling for the case where the
attributes have different values, are given after the first note. If you
have the UA requirements highlighted -- the radio buttons at the top right
of the spec to toggle this -- then the UA requirements are shaded red.)

HTH,