Re: RDFa Task Force mailing list is closed

All,

/me listening to 'Time to say goodbye', Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
;)

Guess this will be my last post to this list, then. After some three and a
bit years of contributing to the RDFa Task Force [1] I'll not be a member of
the new RDFa WG. This is, as you might know, not because there is nothing to
do left, but due to other commitments such as the RDB2RDF co-chairing [2]
and upcoming projects at DERI.

I'd like to thank Ben for his great chairing, Mark for a lot of things I had
the pleasure to learned from him (from URIs to forms ;), Shane for his
pragmatic approach, Steven for sharing his huge experience, Manu for his
sheer endless energy and diplomatic behaviour, and last but definitely not
least Ralph for leading us through hard times and keeping us on track ;)

So, although I'll not actively contribute to the RDFa work at W3C any more,
I'll continue to actively promote and demonstrate the usage of RDFa in the
context of Linked Data. As hinted already in [3], I'm trying to help
establish RDFa as one (if not *the*) format to expose and exchange Linked
Data.

There were alternative proposals to RDFa and I'm pretty sure there will be
other microXXX proposals in the future.  These days it seems that we are
having big arguments around RDFa and Microdata, though, history tends to
repeats itself - anyone remember the discussions around microformats and
RDFa back in 2006/2007 [4]? :)

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!!!

Cheers,
      Michael