Re: old NCName used in CURIE syntax by design?

Okay - just to be clear.  The RDFa Syntax recommendation SHOULD have
referenced the Namespaces in XML Recommendation Second Edition -
published in 2006.  It was an error that it did not.  XMLNS2e references
the XML Recommendation Fourth Edition.  So that is brought in too.
These recommendations do not change the scope of characters in NCNAME as
far as I know, but I will continue to check.