Re: Telecon Agenda - 29 October 2009 *1500* UTC, though note that's a change for Europeans with daylight savings

Hi Ben,

I was still thinking that the call was at 4pm, so I'm afraid I have
double-booked; it's school half-term here, so at 3pm we'll have just
finished watching 'Up' in the cinema.

One small thing, on your point 4: I agree we should start prototyping,
but also I've been trying to think of a simple 'switch' that allows
authors to indicate that they are making use of some prototype. Maybe
it's as simple as @version with some agreed values -- perhaps we
simply agree a token to represent some 'idea in progress', and the
presence of that token in @version means that a parser can use this
additional functionality.

And on 4.b, if you get to discussing it -- my proposal before was that
we should slightly modify the definition of a CURIE such that it's
based not just on the syntax (i.e., "x:y") but also on the presence of
a prefix mapping. In short, if there is no mapping of "x" then *by
definition* "x:y" is not a CURIE.

Whether it then becomes a URI is down to the containing environment --
all I'm suggesting in this first step is that we prevent the CURIE
syntax from swallowing the string. It's nothing more than acting as if
a function isCurie( s ) returns false for "x:y" if "x" was not
defined.

I don't doubt there are problems with this (I think Toby raised some,
but apologies if it was someone else -- I don't have time to go back
and check), but I thought I'd mention it, because I won't be on the
call.