Re: Telecon Agenda - Thursday 22 October 2009, 1500 UTC

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> I don't disagree with you, but we have been having the 'where to do
> the work' discussion for months now.

Right... and we should probably stop talking about it and do something
about it. I think we have a fairly clear idea regarding the direction of
RDFa 1.1, HTML+RDFa 1.0 and the test suite. It has also been made clear
that HTML WG has not made a firm commitment to supporting RDFa[1].

This community now has a responsibility to the companies, organizations
and authors that have adopted and deployed RDFa. To ensure that we
continue to correct technical issues and produce requested features, we
must have a group that is committed to moving RDFa forward.

I think Ivan, Ben and I should take an action to propose the RDFa WG
charter to W3C management. If we fail to garner enough support, we will
still move forward with RDFa (through any means necessary).

In other words, I don't think the status of an RDFa WG should stop us
from working on the hard technical problems. The responsibility of
keeping the W3C Process satisfied should fall to the staff contact and
chair, while the Task Force moves forward with the technical work that
must be done.

-- manu

[1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0686.html

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Establishing an Open Digital Media Commerce Standard
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/09/28/a-digital-content-commerce-standard/