Re: Telecon Agenda - Thursday 22 October 2009, 1500 UTC

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> I was going to flag up some of the work items that I think we need to
> be keeping an eye on

Looks like we've got quite a large number of things that we want to work
on and are only able to make so much weekly progress via the telecons.
Perhaps we should change the way we're operating a bit... what about
this approach:

Tomorrow, each participant in the RDFa telecon takes an ACTION for one
of the items on the list that Mark posted (and the one that is below).
The person with each respective ACTION is responsible for driving the
discussion forward on the mailing list as well as drafting spec/errata
text to resolve the issue.

We should switch to discussing more on the mailing list and less during
the telecons (unless absolutely necessary). The telecon time could be
switched to:

* 10% ACTION items
* 45% Accepting/Rejecting errata text and new spec text
* 45% Accepting/Rejecting the backlog of XHTML/HTML4/HTML5 Test Cases

> and also suggest an order of priority.

Looks good, here's my list that I had sent earlier in an e-mail to some
folks from Yahoo! - overlaps with your list quite a bit:

* Get remaining issues concerning HTML+RDFa resolved.

* Review/Approve Philip Taylors Test Cases.

* RDFa Keywords (remove the need for using namespace prefixes):

     Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!

* RDFa Vocabulary bundles (load keywords and prefixes from an external
  document)

* An RDFa markup validator (validates prefixes, catches common authoring
  mistakes)

* A browser-based Javascript API for accessing in-browser
  metadata/triple stores. Something like:

  var obj = pagedata.get(optionalSubjectFilter,
     optionalPredicateFilter, optionalObjectFilter);

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Establishing an Open Digital Media Commerce Standard
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/09/28/a-digital-content-commerce-standard/