Re: PROPOSAL: Errata text about XMLLiteral values and canonical XML

Shane McCarron wrote:
> [...] For the avoidance of doubt, in future versions of the RDFa
> Syntax Recommendation, we expect to require that the value of the XML
> literal be serialized Canonical XML as defined in [XMLC14N].  We advise
> current implementations to start supporting this use model now, since
> other participants in the XML tool chain expect consistent, canonical XML.
>
> [XMLC14N]  http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n

Why only "Canonical XML"?
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#dfn-rdf-XMLLiteral requires
*Exclusive* Canonical XML (specifically "encoding as UTF-8 [RFC 2279]
yields exclusive Canonical XML (with comments, with empty
InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList ) [XML-XC14N]"), referencing
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n/

I expect this errata (and future versions of the RDFa Syntax
Recommendation) should therefore refer to xml-exc-c14n instead of
xml-c14n (unless the intent is a willful violation of rdf-concepts, or
unless rdf-concepts is changed before then).

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk