Re: Non-XHTML host languages for RDFa

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 00:43:51 +0100
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
> > 1. we define some sort of a generic mechanism whereby an XML application
> > language (and maybe even the user!) can define his/her own set of
> > keywords. This should be compatible with what we have in XHTML+RDFa and
> > it is then up to the SVG group to decide whether they want to use it or
> > not
>
> In my view, having short 'tokens' for URIs is the Holy Grail...if we
> can get to this point, then RDFa will essentially become an amalgam of
> Microformats' ease of use, HTML's ease of deployment, and RDF's
> scaleable and decentralised nature.

It might be helpful to specify these keywords as a part of an XML schema.
(Note: When I use the lowercase word "schema" I mean the general concept, not
the particular language XML Schema.)  Think of annotating an XML schema by
pointing to classes/properties in an ontology.  Has anything like that ever
been done?

Cheers,

Christoph