Re: NEW RDFa Test Suite (XHTML1.1, HTML4 and HTML5)

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:03:08 +0000
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 19:00 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> I spent some time this weekend re-writing the RDFa test harness so
> that it would let us test XHTML1.1, HTML4 and HTML5 using a unified
> set of tests.

I've been testing RDF::RDFa::Parser against this test suite. (It was
already passing the ones on the W3C website.) I have a query:

HTML4 and HTML5 include test case 0113, which includes the following:

And claims that the literals generated from each <span> should be
identical. However, in HTML 4, "/>" does not represent a self-closing
tag. Strictly speaking, if you want to follow the formal SGML SHORTTAG
rules, I believe it's equivalent to this:

Though that's invalid because the second <span> element is never closed.
So, strictly following HTML4, the best literal a parser could come up
with would be ">\n  ". Using HTML5 parsing, it would be "\n  ". Either
way, I don't think this test should be included in the HTML test cases.
If it is to be included, "" should not be the literal expected from the
second <span>.

Right now I'm passing all XHTML1 tests, and all but three of the HTML
tests (failing the same three in both HTML4 and HTML5).

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>