Re: Proposal for allowing URIs in CURIE-only attributes

On 10 Jul 2009, at 13:23, Mark Birbeck wrote:

>  (c) but since ordinary CURIEs may still be used, we should
> differentiate
>      by saying that anything appearing before a colon, that is not a
>      mapped prefix, is a protocol.

Wouldn't this break existing pre-RDFa uses of CURIE-like tokens?

Uses of "dc:blah" with no explicit prefix mapping are not uncommon.
(Admittedly more in meta@name than @rel.) I'd say they're almost
certainly more common than the full-URIs-in-rel that this solution is
designed to work around.

eRDF pages will often also contain rel values with colons in. eRDF
does map prefixes to URIs, but not via xmlns:foo, instead using an
RFC2731-style <link> element.

In both of those cases, you'll end up with incorrect triples that use
bogus URL schemes.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>