Re: [whatwg] Test results for xmlns:foo attribute preservation across all browsers

-cc whatwg. Please never cross-post to the WHATWG list and other lists,
since it causes fragmentation of the thread.

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Manu Sporny wrote:

> Ian, is there language in the HTML5 specification (I looked and could
> not find any) that ensures that this current, widely supported browser
> behavior is documented in the spec?

Is the behaviour you are referring to different in any way from the
behaviour given to any arbitrary attribute, known or unknown? If not, then
the parser's handling of attributes in general seems to be the language
you are looking for.

Note that the problems raised with prefixes in RDFa in text/html are not
that there are browser compatibility problems but that the behaviour
differs between text/html and XML, and that prefix mechanisms in general
are too complicated for authors.