Re: RDFa, multiple languages, multiple documents, one subject

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:21:42 +0200, Sergey Chernyshev
<rdfa.info@antispam.sergeychernyshev.com> wrote:

> Great! I didn't know that. I wonder if RDFa clients are interpreting it
> appropriately?

What could they do wrong?

> BTW, it's an example when duplication of code is necessary - same links
> need
> to have have both rel="alternative" and rel="rdfs:seeAlso".

I was going to suggest using owl:sameas
(http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#sameAs-def) between xhtmlvocab:alternative
and rdfs:seeAlso but then I see:

"The property rdfs:seeAlso specifies a resource that might provide
additional information about the subject resource."
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-rdf-schema-20000327/#s2.3.4

I think this is different to a page that supplies the equivalent page in a
different language. It is not additional information, but the same
information in a different language. So I think rel="alternative" really
is the correct relation, and rdfs:seeAlso would be misleading.

Best wishes,

Steven

>             Sergey
>

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Steven Pemberton
> <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>wrote:
>
>> Helly Sergey,
>>
>> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:46:22 +0200, Sergey Chernyshev <rdfa.info@
>> antispam.sergeychernyshev.com> wrote:
>>
>>  One of the goals of the project is to make it easy to create profiles
>> with
>>> lables and stuff in multiple languages, another goal is to have RDFa
>>> support
>>> for it. I approached this by creating pages for each language