W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > June 2008

Re: Issue with PyRDFa and Test Case #100 (v3): XMLLiteral with explicit namespace

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:49:04 -0400
Message-ID: <484D26C0.6070207@digitalbazaar.com>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Ivan Herman wrote:
> as far as I know these are identical. And this has nothing to do with
> SPARQL, this is purely an RDF/XML quirk. The parseType="Literal" is just
> a shorthand for the generation of a literal of type XMLLiteral. Ie, by
> the time this gets to SPARQL, the difference should evaporate...

So, here's the problem... the SPARQL below evaluates to "false" when run
against PyRDFa's output for TC100. Note that I cut-paste the output of
PyRDFa directly into the SPARQL, so there shouldn't be any issues with
typo's. I tried to get this to work for a good 2 hours over the
weekend... and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work other than
the @parseType being used instead of the @datatype. It might be a bug in
SPARQL.org? I'll e-mail Andy and see what he thinks.

<http://www.example.org> <http://example.org/rdf/example> "Some text
here in <strong xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\"
xmlns:svg=\"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg\">bold</strong> and an svg
rectangle: <svg:svg xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\"
xmlns:svg=\"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg\"><svg:rect svg:height=\"100\"

In short, I believe that there's an issue between using @parseType and
@datatype... and I don't know how to get around it in the SPARQL query.

-- manu

Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: DB Launches Medical Record Sales Service with Shepherd Medical
Received on Monday, 9 June 2008 12:50:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:01:57 UTC