Re: Thoughts on @href/@resource completing hanging @rels

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> This was indeed useful...thanks. :)

Yes, it was, thanks very much!

> That's correct. Note that this is a _consequence_ of applying chaining
> rules consistently, rather than an initial design goal.

I disagree with this. It's a consequence in *your* mental model, which
we did not fully understand until now. So in fact, it's important to
note that we never agreed to this model. We agreed on some specific
chaining examples. And those still stand, as they are compatible with my
processing model, too.

In my model, chaining does one thing: it connects a "right-hand"
attribute (or lack thereof) with a "left-hand" attribute, when
conditions are correct. But an attribute doesn't change hands. @href is
never the subject of @property on the same element, nor of @instanceof.
I find this shifting around of attributes quite confusing and not
particularly useful.

So, the discussing has been useful, but it has convinced me even more
that, if we go down the path of @href completing @rel, we have to buy
into all of Mark's model. It is consistent, for sure, but it is far too
complicated for my taste.

-Ben