Re: Exact wording for non-prefixed CURIEs in @rel/@rev

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> This means that you don't need to put any specific text elsewhere
> about what to process and what to ignore, since we're saying that
> there are no longer _any_ prefixed CURIEs. (Which, as I say, requires
> that some other process 'saves' the important values from being
> ignored, by prefixing them.)

I think you mean no longer _any_ non-prefixed CURIEs.
> Anyway, I don't see why we'd want -- or need -- to remove ":blah". And
> actually, thinking about it, we could change the mapping for the empty
> prefix to be the current default mapping rather than XHTML-vocab,
> which would fulfill my use-cases:

How loudly can I say "ewwwww" ?

I really really don't want the default @xmlns namespace to influence how
CURIEs are transformed.  It would mean that any give CURIE could resolve
to a different URI just by dragging it to some other segment of a
document.  It would potentially break the whole drag-and-drop model that
some people think is the future of the web (not me, you understand.  I
think it is nonsense).
> And we might as well change the empty prefix from XHTML-vocab (since
> no-one needs to write ":next" anymore) to the current default mapping.
I would rather just get rid of the empty prefix in the XHTML+RDFa host
language.  We don't need it for anything.  And if we permit it, and let
it mutate throughout the document, it would mean that it would be that
much harder to support an HTML 4 or HTML 5 mapping where there is no xmlns.