Re: Thoughts on @href/@resource completing hanging @rels

Hi Ivan,

On 22/01/2008, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> Well... so it seems that the model is a bit more complex than I
> thought:-( Indeed, this 'shift' stuff comes into the picture, too. Sigh.

I'm not sure what you mean though...I think it's about as simple as
you could get.

> Only one remarks below. Other than that, I guess back to square one: the
> group has to vote... (and implementers like me have to execute:-)

Yes, a vote would be good. And yes, I have to execute too, just as
soon as I get through working on the spec.

> > No. In this case, applying the grid above, you would get:
> >
> >   _:a a:b <#a> .
> >
> > I.e., both @resource and @href shift to the right in the presence of
> > @rel, and then according to our list, @resource takes priority.
> >

> And here I am lost. Even in your model, isn't the right triple:
>

> <INHERITEDSUBJECT> a:b <#a>.
>
> where <INHERITEDSUBJECT> is either <> (provided @about="" is implicitly
> on <body> or <html>) or some inherited resource? Where does this sudden
> blank node come from?

It doesn't...my apologies. I've spent too long looking at examples
with @instanceof in (for the other discussions) that I'm seeing them
everywhere.

You are right, and there would be no blank node.

  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232

  standards. innovation.