Re: status of non-prefixed values in @rel

Ivan Herman wrote:
> I think the issue is how to control that. If we add a finite set of
> 'allowed' values into the RDFa document, this list will become outdated
> at the moment when the XHTML group decides to add new values to their
> list of @rel. (And you are right, new, registered profiles might even
> add values to the namespace in some way.)
>
> That is why I proposed not to add a specific set into the RDFa document,
> refer to the general mechanism, and just generate whatever is there...

Sure, that sounds good. The way I've structured my RDFa parser is that
it can take any number of "hGRDDL" transformations, one of which is
"XHTML1 reserved values". Note that I can easily have that also handle

The point is that it can trigger a different set of reserved values
depending on the version of XHTML. We know what the reserved values are
for XHTML1, and they can be expanded for XHTML2, 3, etc...

Certainly, in the RDFa spec, we should "outsource" the definition of the
reserved words to the XHTML spec.

-Ben