Re: review of current draft of 'RDFa syntax (Jan 25th, 2008)'

Shane,

I've reviewed the changes and I think that all my comments have been
properly addressed. However, I kindly ask for further clarification to
one of my points below.

Note that I'll send a separate email regarding my second round of
comments.

El dom, 17-02-2008 a las 15:33 -0600, Shane McCarron escribió:
> Diego,
>
> What follows is a point-by-point reply to your comments on the RDFa
> Syntax document sent on January 29th, 2008. It would be greatly
> appreciated if you could review the changes and reply to the list
> stating your approval of the changes, or any issues you see with the
> changes.  The updated draft is available at
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080217/Overview.html
>
> (...)
>
> > * Section 5.5, Rule 9 (and also the last two paragraphs of Section
> > 6.3.1.3): this is not a comment, but a question: must the parser descend
> > recursively when a non-XML literal has been created by concatenating
> > text nodes? I couldn't find a test case for this. In other words, I'm
> > not sure which should be the expected outcome of parsing the following
> > mark-up:

> >      Albert
> >      <strong property="foaf:familyName">Einstein</strong>
>
> Yes, in this case, the parser must descend, or do whatever is relevant,
> in order to get the descendant text of each node. Therefore, in your
> example, the text "Albert Einstein" must be retrieved for "foaf:name".
>
> Section 5.5.9 states that anything with a blank datatype should be
> treated as a plain literal. The only time that you do not recurse is
> when the type is rdf:XMLLiteral.
>
> We do not have a unit test that tests this particular functionality yet,
> but we will add it in the next week or two.

I think you've already answered it, but my actual question was: can you
confirm that the triple:

  dbpedia:Albert_Einstein foaf:familyName "Einstein".

is part of the outcome of processing the fragment above? Ie, does the
parser descend recursively to the children of an element that contains
@datatype=""?

Best regards,

--
Diego Berrueta