VOTING on the non-binding resolutions - please read and respond ASAP

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:02:05 -0700
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

In July, Mark, Ralph and I agreed on some "non-binding resolutions" [1]
so we could move things along. The rationale was:

> Why non-binding? Because we were only 3 on the call and the resolutions
> will be best achieved by *trying* them out in actual implementations,
> rather than theorizing on them endlessly.

Now that we've tried these out in implementations and specifications,
it's time to vote on them. Unless there's significant controversy, email
should be enough. Please send +1 or -1 with explanation to each of the
following points.

1) @instanceof is the attribute name for rdf:type

2) @id does *not* play a role in RDFa triple generation.

3) @rel, @rev, and @instanceof cause chaining (aka striping), whether or
not there is @href/@resource on the element.

As best as I can tell, all of these are in agreement with the current
documents. The main issue *not* covered here is whether @instanceof
applies to @resource or @about when both are present (and we'll handle
that in a separate thread.)

-Ben