Re: PROPOSAL: Extending @rel/@rev reserved value set

Shane McCarron wrote:
> As per today's discussion, I would like to propose that we 1) merge the
> reserved values from @property in [1] into the set of reserved values
> for @rel / @rev in [2].
> I would then propose that we 2) delete the list of reserved values for
> @property.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927/#sec_9.2.5.
> [2] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927/#sec_9.2.6.

+1 to not have reserved values for @property.

Just to take a step back... do we really want to specify what reserved
values are for @rel and @rev. Do we have to provide "backwards
compatability"? Why are we providing backwards compatibility for
LinkTypes in XH, but not in Dublin Core? As far as I'm concerned, these
two should be treated the same - outside of the scope of RDFa. It would
simplify the syntax document and make RDFa much easier to understand.

We're not going to break anything by not listing these values as
reserved. The Syntax document also clearly states that extra triples can
be generated if needed, outside of the default graph[1]. Shouldn't
"backwards compatability" be the job of each RDFa parser implementation?

Why can't we treat old XHTML @rel/@rev LinkTypes as outside of the scope
of RDFa?

PROPOSAL: We don't have any reserved values for RDFa. An RDFa conformant
parser MAY generate extra triples to provide backwards compatibility.
This is strongly encouraged, but not required.

-- manu

[1]http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070921/#processorconf

--
Manu Sporny