Re: Detecting RDFa Re: RDFa for Firefox

On 10/9/07, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> Simone,
>
> you should also quote the reply of Harry (Chair of the GRDDL WG):
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Sep/0008.html

You're right Ivan, apologies for lost quotation and thanks for posting it. :-(

As the focus on (quotation from Harry):

[[

The link syntax you suggest is of course equivalent to @profile except
in syntax, but the problem is that some software, like GRDDL, already
uses the @profile syntax. Given that XHTML 2 is not a recommendation and
GRDDL was chartered for compatibility with XHTML 1, we followed the
@profile convention in GRDDL, and we would prefer that GRDDL be
compatible with XHTML 2.  We would prefer if GRDDL and XHTML 2 not be
incompatible.

]]

We have RDFa as XHTML 1 (with DTD) and as XHTML 2 module.

> ie, the GRDDL group would still prefer to keep the profile attribute in
> its old format... And his arguments are also valid for RDFa, I believe.

Also I hope is the same/similar question. And on GRDDL we preferred to
mantain the backwards compatibility :-) this can be right also for
RDFa?

Cheers,

Simone