Re: Detecting RDFa Re: RDFa for Firefox

Hi Karl,

You are right that this is missing from the syntax document! An oversight...

What we've agreed is that the @profile value is optional. The idea is
that processors that want to process all documents will not rely on
@profile being set, and as you say, they may or may not find useful
RDFa in a document. (A Google-style crawler might fall into this
category.)

Processors that do want to reduce their processing could check for the
correct @profile value. These processors will obviously miss useful
data that has not been marked with the RDFa @profile value, but this
may well be the desired goal anyway. Certainly if you created a system
that was mainly consuming your own documents you would have full
control over both ends of the process.

We hope we've found a way to meet most use-cases.

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232

  standards. innovation.