Re: [RDFa] rdf:XMLLiteral (was RE: Missing issue on the list: identification of RDFa content)

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>

> So for me, the question remains, what do we *lose* on the RDF side,
> given that on the XHTML side we *gain* the ability to mark-up text
> without having to resort to using the datatype attribute and the RDF
> namespace.

I just want to make sure we remember that this is not about losing an
ability but choosing the default. Your benefit is ability to mark-up
*mark-up* not text (this would just be a plain literal) w/o adding a
datatype attribute. My benefit is having the ability to mark-up text w/o
adding a datatype attribute. Which one happens more often? Isn't this
how defaults should be chosen?

BTW, I also have a problem with @content. It violates DRY and I'm not
sure why it couldn't be done with a meta element somewhere else, if the
content cannot be parsed deterministically and we are not maintaining a
relationship to the original user input in the model.

-Elias