Re: Display values for RDFa object URLs

I understand the intention, I see the solution, but I am not convinced:-(.

I think we should keep such 'implicit' rules of triple generation to the
minimum. We try to second guess the author's intentions here and I am
not sure that is justified. There are a number of Web pages, for
example, that use the (absolutely horrible!) 'click here' or 'see here',
or similar content to <a>. Yes, it is a very bad design, but it is
there. Ie, we will get a bunch of meaningless rdfs:label-s...

As you say, the construction:

 <a rel="hmedia:sample" href="http://www.bitmunk.com/sample/6011101">
 </a>

works, it makes it explicit what the user wants, and also gives him/her
to possibility to fine tune what should be a label and what shouldn't.

It also opens the flood gates to a bunch of other questions. Do you want
to introduce the same mechanism everywhere where one would use @href
(after all, we opened this particular flood gate by allowing @href
everywhere!)? What happens if I use @resource on <a> but no @href? What
happens if there is additional markup within <a>? All set of additional
issues that (1) has to be answered (2) has to be specified in the
syntax, thereby making it more complicated (3) has to be properly
explained in a primer document (4) has to be documented with test cases,
etc, etc. I just do not see that avoiding one additional <span>
justifies these costs...

I would propose to keep this out for the moment.

My two pence...

Ivan