RE: Error in (approved) test 0009

Dan,

As always a pleasure to discuss with you :)

> I would need to sync up with Ralph Swick and/or Steven
> Pemberton before I ask you to re-do some work, but...

Steven is on holiday AFAIK, Ralph will be on the call on Thursday,
hopefully
- how about you join us at the RDFa Telecon and tell us how best to
proceed, there?

> I don't know how to approve "intention and semantics"; I only
> know how to approve sequences of bytes.

Now that is a petty - I thought we're on the Semantic Web, at last ;)

> In the GRDDL WG, sometimes the test suite editors were given
> discretion to change some bytes after a test case was approved...

Ok. But we are not in the GRDDL WG, but in the RDFa TF ...

> I was a little uncomfortable with that, but as long as it was
> stuff that was really orthogonal to GRDDL (things like
> license text in XML comments, as I recall), I let it go.

Again. 'My' chair is Ben; whatever he tells me will be fine.

> But in the case of 0009, the change is clearly substantive
> and not editorial. The TF records show a decision to approve
> a SPARQL query that said ... WHERE { X P Y }; it's quite a
> stretch to say that decision applies to a SPARQL query ...
> WHERE { Y P X }.

Yes. It is substantive. From *broken* to *what the TC should be about*.
But again - we can and should discuss this one again; even if it's
just to fulfil some droll 'rules' - BTW, where are they?

I tried hard to prepare myself for the TC (e.g. [1]),
but - and I did not want to state it this clear until your
recent comments - I have to say: regarding testing (support)
I really feel left alone within W3C. There are some activities
here (QA) and there, but NO common framework, no best practice,
nothing in the process document AFAIK - how the heck should I know :(

So, thanks again for your comments. And in case you want to *really*
change the system (and a little bird told me that you happen to be in
this position) please take care that the QA WG/IG or who ever is
responsible
writes something down. For me. For all people doing TC. For the World.
Amen.

Cheers,
	Michael

[1]