Re: Using the CLASS attribute - Request for Feedback

* Elias Torres wrote:
>Maybe that's the very reason we have GRDDL for which is to have specific
>logic to extract semantics from existing web pages. However, if someone
>were to use the same combination (e.g. just "fn") in a @class in a
>webpage GRDDL will extract a vcard and that was very much unexpected.

These are all opt-in processes, if you want your markup interpreted in
some specific way, you identify what your markup conforms to, or how to
map it to something else, using a 'transform' link relationship, or a
proper profile="..." list, or whatever the applicable specification
recommends.

>Microformats uses @class for both types and predicates and only a
>specific extraction mechanism is capable of understanding the
>difference. I like that (GRDDL) and actually drives me to wrestle with
>the problem (I think) that whether we use @class or not, we still use
>rel/rev/href/meta/property and there's always going to be the question
>whether extracted triples from the page were expected or not.

How is this true for, say, eRDF?