From: Karl Dubost [mailto:karl@w3.org]
Sent: 14 June 2006 02:21
To: Misha Wolf
Cc: Dan Connolly; www-tag@w3.org; newsml-2@yahoogroups.com; public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: CURIEs: A proposal

Le 06-06-14 à 07:01, Misha Wolf a écrit :
> Simply a restatement of the position that the codes themselves
> must be left as is.  To see why, try any of these in Google:
>
>    CUSIP 037833100    -> Apple Computer
>    SEDOL 0263494      -> BAE Systems
>    Valoren 1203203    -> UBS
>    ISBN 0-321-18578-1 -> The Unicode Standard
>    ISSN 0261-3077     -> The Guardian
>    ISO 4217 392       -> Japanese Yen

I do not have the same answers AND more I do not have one answer but
a list of links going on multiple web pages when I have tried on
	http://www.alltheweb.com/
	http://www.av.com/
	http://www.google.com/

I'm not sure the result of a search can be considered as an
identifier. Or I have missed something in this thread.

This is for example a possible identifier
	http://worldcatlibraries.org/wcpa/isbn/0-321-18578-1
These work too (which are used often. Unfortunately, but you talked
about real world)
	http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/0321185781/
	http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321185781/
Or these ones?
	http://isbn.nu/0-321-18578-1
	http://isbn.nu/0321185781

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.