Re: [ALL] RDF/A Primer Version

On Feb 1, 2006, at 12:58 PM, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) wrote:

> I think Ben may have been a bit imprecise above.  According to my read
> of the WebArch and httpRange-14 decision, if http://example.com/foo
> resolves to an XHTML document, then the resource that
> http://example.com/foo#bar identifies *is* a location within an HTML
> document.  AFAIK this may not preclude it from *also* being a
> member of
> some other class.

Now I'm very confused.

I thought we were discussing whether a resource that *might* be an
HTML document *could* also be a non-information resource, say a
person. Let's take a precise example.

DanC's FOAF Person URI is <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/#me>,
but <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/> returns HTML, which makes
<http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/#me> a (potential) HTML element.

DBooth, I thought you were saying that this is probably a bad thing,
assuming HTMLElement subclasses InformationResource, etc...

Did I misunderstand?

If DanC's setup is okay by the TAG, then I *think* that means that a
secondary resource can be a non-information resource, even when its
primary resource is an information resource. Someone correct me if
I've lost it.

-Ben