RE: The RDF/A Marketing Site

Ben,

I totally agree, re-time, administration, etc. My point about functionality
is only that we should try to plan for the future, not that we will have
active forums and all those other things right now.

When we tried to create an XForms wiki we ended up moving the site 5 times
through different pieces of wiki software, since none of them ever did quite
what we wanted. One moment you think that ease of editing is the most
important feature, then you discover that you need a taxonomy, or that you
need to have security such as individual logins. I was only pointing out
what features we will need at some point, to make sure that we have those in
from the beginning.

Anyway, WordPress is very good, and if you have free support for it that's a
big plus. But for the kind of site we want to have *eventually* I think
Drupal is actually more appropriate. (And I know a lot of this stuff is
*very* subjective, and on some lists that comment would start a fight along
the lines of two families at a wedding!) If anyone has experience with these
packages it would be good to hear other views.

So, my vote is for Drupal...just as others would vote for what they are
familiar with. ;) We use it here at x-port for some of our sites, and we're
starting to move over those that don't.

Actually, thinking about it, we (x-port) could create a Drupal site for
RDF/A in no time at all, since all we have to do is create a new
sub-directory. (I originally said that I didn't think it was appropriate for
it to be part of our skimstone site which uses Drupal, but I was being
dim...we can easily create a completely separate site.) The advantage here
would be that the whole administration would be within our group of
'interested parties'.

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.