RE: Comments on RDF/A draft

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your extremely useful comments.

Just to clarify the motivation for the RDF/A document; we felt that
discussing the new metadata features in XHTML 2 within the context of XHTML
2 was a little restrictive. We decided to take everything out into a
separate document so that we could talk with you 'RDF guys' more easily
about the RDF-ness of the proposal. Once all the comments were in, we
planned to modify RDF/A to take them into account, and only then work
everything back into the original two chapters in XHTML 2.

Of course, we also hope that making it a separate module will allow it to be
used in other situations -- one of my favourite examples is marking up the
source of a quote when the quote is in both XHTML and SVG -- but the main
motivation was as a tool with which to talk to you RDF experts. And with the
excellent comments from Jeremy, yourself and others, we feel it has
definitely worked well and consequently we're now in a pretty good position
to pop back up the stack.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck