Re: Validating XHTML with embedded RDF

* Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org> [2003-06-25 16:26-0400]

> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 03:11, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
> > One caution on this message is that the HTML WG will NOT define
> > generic syntax.  That's beyond the scope of the HTML WG charter, too.
> > Our scope is restricted to improve the meta element in XHTML 2.0,
> > and nothing more.  It *could* be used to encode RDF in XHTML 2.0, but
> > expressing every possible RDF with this syntax may not be the goal.
>
> Ok, hopefully the RDF folks are paying attention. <smile/>

<sound_of_rdf_person_waking_up/>

Huh. Hmm. wazzat? Did someone mention RDF? ;)

My understanding that we already have a generic metadata syntax, ie. RDF/XML;
I'm hoping we'll find a way to allow XHTML 2.0 documents to be enthusiatically
deployed with embedded islands of full RDF/XML (eg. in a <meta/>
element or elsewhere), rather than have to wait for XHTML 3.0.

Is that a reasonable goal? The NRL demos seem to be heading in that
direction...

Dan