Re: SWObjects test results

On 02/10/12 03:08, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> * Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net> [2012-10-01 20:51-0400]
>> Eric, the assertion about correcting existing tests seems confusing
>> given that we have/had multiple passing implementations for all of
>> the uncorrected tests. Given that, will you be present at tomorrow's
>> telecon so we can go through all of these?
>
> Sure, though I can state this here as well. The corrections come in one
> of two flavors: canonical decimals and my mistake.
>
> <http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/functions/manifest#ceil01>
> asserts that the CEIL("1.6"^^xsd:decimal) is "1"^^xsd:decimal. The
> canonical lexical form for a decimal 1 is "1.0" per
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#decimal-canonical-representation>.

That is XSD 1.0.

See also: XSD 1.1 -- W3C Recommendation 5 April 2012 :-)

<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#decimal-canonical-representation>.

> How would a system know to invent an arbitrary non-canonical form for
> a decimal? Perhaps systems were passing these tests by doing numeric
> equivalence rather than RDF term equivalence in testing result sets.

XSD 1.1:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#decimal-lexical-representation
==>
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#f-decimalCanmap

[[
if d is a integer value, use noDecimalPtCanonicalMap
]]

XML schema 1.1 and 1.0 are different in this area.  There is an
intentional change to make the canonical form of integer-valued decimals
and integers the same.

The canonical form of a 1.0 in XSD 1.1 is "1"