Re: 2 New INSERT DATA test cases (was: Test case proposal in the context of RV-10: insert-data-same-bnode)

On 09/25/2012 10:40 PM, Polleres, Axel wrote:
> Note that I added another variant of that test case for approval now which uses two INSERT DATAs in one request, i.e.

> 2)
>    http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/basic-update/insert-data-same-bnode2.ru
> shall test the behavior of
>   INSERT DATA { GRAPH :g1  { _:b :p :o } } ;
>   INSERT DATA { GRAPH :g2  { _:b :p :o } }

I think it is questionable whether the query inserts the same blank node
in the two insert data.
The reason is that if you split the query into two insert data that are
executed separately, different blank nodes  will be generated. Hence for
compositionality  of the ";" operation, it may be interesting that the
behaviour be the same in the two cases.

In addition, the (similar) query below inserts different blank nodes.

INSERT  { GRAPH :g1  { _:b :p :o } } WHERE {};
INSERT  { GRAPH :g2  { _:b :p :o } } WHERE {}

Olivier