Re: postponed issue? USING DEFAULT

On 28 Apr 2011, at 14:06, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 28/04/11 13:47, Axel Polleres wrote:
> > p.s.: a small subissue I had discussed in the context of 1) with Paul was whether we need also
> >    "USING DEFAULT"
> > to include the default graph of the store in the dataset... I am inclined to leave that out for this round and if people find it useful, it might be added in a future version of SPARQL. I'd like to raise whether we want to add that to "postponed issues" and marked that in
> >   http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/index.php?title=To_Last_Call
> >
> > Axel
> >

> I propose we add it to SPARQL 1.1

If we want that, may I suggest then to add it in Query for FROM as well.
It wouldn't seem to make sense to have the feature to be able to access the default graph of the graph store, or respectively, the implicit dataset accessible at a service, for constructing a new detaset for update, but not for query.

i.e. if we want that, let's unify...

[13]  DatasetClause  ::=  'FROM' ( DefaultGraphClause | NamedGraphClause )
[14]  DefaultGraphClause  ::=  SourceSelector
[15]  NamedGraphClause  ::=  'NAMED' SourceSelector
[16]  SourceSelector  ::=  IRIref
[45]  UsingClause  ::=  'USING' ( IRIref | 'NAMED' IRIref )

[13]  DatasetClause  ::=  'FROM' ( DefaultGraphClause | NamedGraphClause )
[14]  DefaultGraphClause  ::=  SourceSelector
[15]  NamedGraphClause  ::=  'NAMED' SourceSelector
[16]  SourceSelector  ::=  IRIref | 'DEFAULT'
[45]  UsingClause  ::=  'USING' ( DefaultGraphClause | NamedGraphClause )

best,
Axel