Re: Proposed change to the OWL-2 Direct Semantics entailment regime

On 11/30/2010 9:20 AM, Enrico Franconi wrote:

> Be surprised: the academic, industry, and system people working on OWL-QL-based systems are already very upset by the limitation of the current version of the standard, and asked me to discuss the matter with the group.
>
>> Finally, since it's so well defined and understood its not like if it becomes suddenly known useful that there'd be any barrier to implementations picking it up.
>
> I fail to understand this argument. Why are we standardising something, if it is already well known? Maybe to facilitate interoperability of acknowledged technologies? :-)

Hi Enrico,

Are there existing implementations of SPARQL that incorporate OWL Direct
Semantics in the manner you're proposing?

Bijan, Birte -- do the systems that you're familiar with currently
implement SPARQL with OWL Direct Semantics in the manner that's in the
current entailment document, or is it not yet implemented at all?

thanks,
Lee